Monday, November 8, 2010

Readeo



Readeo allows members to connect with others around the world to share the art of reading aloud. Readeo provides the reading material, and users can use a webcam to connect and read together. Unfortunately, this portion is a paid service, however they do have a portion that is free. Each month Readeo has a Book of the Month that is free to show and read to your students (or your own children!) When this month's email came to my inbox, it caught my eye because of the author, Eric Carle.




Although I discovered this website last year, I took a second, closer look. It's unfortunate that it is expensive, and while only one user needs to pay for the account (and connect with a guest for free) I know it's not realistic for most people. I did want to share the source, however because I will always promote reading in any form and someone may find it useful. Joining and creating an account is free, and once you do you can also enjoy the Book of the Month. It could be very useful as an electronic "big book" while the teacher, or maybe the teacher and students, read together.



How to use Readeo from Readeo on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment